Ten Tips for PMS Management:
- Discuss your situation with your physician. Work together to develop a
comprehensive treatment plan. Follow it!
- If you smoke, quit.
- Practice stress management: many of the symptoms of PMS are unpredictable
and emotionally draining. This can be very stressful and can exacerbate your
- Regular exercise may reduce your risk of PMS altogether. Exercising once
you have symptoms (even though you may not feel like it) will reduce the symptoms
you experience for that cycle.
- Take a daily, non-prescription multi-vitamin; discuss any other supplement
needs with your physician.
- Be sure to get an adequate daily intake of calcium (1,200 mg/day).
- Eat a well-balanced diet; don't skip meals.
- Reduce intake of caffeine, alcohol, refined sugar, and salt.
- Enlist the support and understanding of friends and loved ones.
- Try to get regular, sufficient sleep.
Click here for related information.
Created: 10/17/2000  - Donnica Moore, M.D.
Regular exercise may reduce your risk of PMS altogether.